Manager (Compliance) - A Progressive Regional Foreign Bank.
Category: Bank/ Insurance/ Leasing
Posting Date: 2017-09-19 Expire Date: 2017-09-30
Vacancy : 01
Job Context :
- One of the Progressive Regional Foreign Banks in the country is looking for an experienced Compliance Resource to assist Head of Compliance in establishment and maintenance of a robust & effective compliance framework in the bank. Therefore, Applications from suitable candidates with proven track record & relevant experience in regulatory compliance related senior level job roles at banks are invited. Under direct supervision of the Head of Compliance, the intended position will be expected to execute and maintain bank`s compliance standard on its internal policy & procedures as well as to provide assurance that all relevant external and regulatory directives are reasonably adhered to; thus meeting stakeholders expectation for adoption of the highest standards of compliance and governance at bank, in line with the best practices of any well regulated leading banking institution.
Job Description / Responsibility :
- Assist in developing and implementing risk based compliance monitoring program for identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting of all material compliance risks.
- Actively engage in periodic monitoring and reporting of compliance issues and risks.
- Ensure that compliance procedures, systems and controls are up to date and effective.
- Maintain the compliance manual and all compliance procedure documentation.
- Maintain sound understanding of relevant regulatory requirements to advice / assist Head of Compliance and other senior managers to develop & implement compliant policies and procedures.
- Provide training to employees depending upon requirement, on compliance matters, including internal policies & procedures, application of standards & guidelines, and relevant laws & regulatory requirements; thus promoting and enhancing a strong bank wide compliance culture.
- Assisting compliance risk assessment process, ensuring that the compliance risks are appropriately identified and assessed.
- Update internal processes and procedures related to AML and Prevention of Terrorist Financing as and when required due to regulatory changes.
- Conduct various due diligences check and roll out periodic review exercises related to AML requirements.
- Assist in preparing standard and ad-hoc information/ reports on AML or any other compliance issues for management, regulators and other stakeholders as required.
- Prepare and manage on regular basis appropriate timely management information on compliance and regulatory issues including suggested mitigating actions.
- Review compliance policies & procedures on regular basis and assist other departments in development or implementation of policies & procedures if required, to ensure that they comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements in vogue.
- Support Head of Compliance in developing and maintaining an effective & efficient interaction / liaison with regulators, ensuring bank's views are presented properly while facilitating supervisory activity of regulators.
Job Nature : Full-time
Educational Requirements : Bachelors / Masters in any discipline from any reputed university
Experience Requirements :
- 10 to 12 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Job Requirements :
- Detailed knowledge on regulatory directives and regulations, KYC, AML guidelines, sanctions and general banking policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of best practices in compliance, governance frameworks, methodologies & emerging compliance practices for monitoring and risk assessments.
- Experience of communicating with regulators and assisting with regulatory enquiries and inspections.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills with ability to build relationships across the organization at all levels.
- Pragmatic thinker and capable of quickly interpreting information for presenting arguments in a clear and reasoned way.
- Processes driving ability to establish & follow new processes, to challenge constructively and to enforce appropriate boundaries.
- Highly committed, politically astute, self-confident demeanor and matured social skills.
- Minimum 10 to 12 years of working experience. Previous exposure to similar roles will be preferred.
Job Location : Dhaka
Salary Range :
- Salary will depend on the experience and background of the selected candidates.
Other Benefits : Attractive and Competitive Compensation package in line with market and competency of person shall be offered.
Application Deadline : Sep 30, 2017